Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My Grandfather's Death: My Journal


2/23/12
I love my grand father so much. We used to do everything together. But things don't always end up how you want them to. He is in a hospital right at this moment. My mom left this morning to see him. He lives in fl0rida and we live in New Hampshire. He is well in his 70s and he has really bad arthritis and he also has pneumonia and if you dont know what that means well, he is dying. He has about a week and a half to live. My mom is crying every day, She talks on the phone allot and I think it is my grand mother she is talking to. but I dont know whats going to happen. Today I was crying in front of my whole class in a discution. I know he has a week..or less. I can just feel his thoughts, alone,scared,week,helpless. I have two friends or that I know of that I can trust, that can feel what i'm feeling, My friend Connor lost his grand father and he didnt get to say goodbye and my friend Ainslee who has lost her grand father without knowing him all that much. I hate the fact that I know when he is going to die. I have my whole class supporting me. I wrote a blog life not knowing any thing about him. But now I am here so I guess that back fired on me. Its 6:52 I am waiting for tomorow not knowing if if he is dead now or if I am saying this for nothing. I am glad to have a teacher who cares, her  name is ms small ( well that's what I call her),and she is my favorite teacher.

2/24/12
Today I am still scared for him but I got to talk to him on the phone and he sounded so confused. I was board so I was looking at pictures in my moms computer and I saw a ton of pictures of him and it sort of made me sad to see the pictures and to see my mom upset. I am going to my friend Griffins ( he is one of my best friends) he is taking me to open gym and I hope  that will take my mind  of of everything.

2/25/12
Today we are having a party with are relatives and we are going to skype him if he is strong  enough to talk. We now have everyone here and my dad said  we cant skype. My cousins and their boyfriends were board  so I said lets play pool  and they said okay. We played a few games and then my cousins left. Like five minutes later they came in the room. My cousin Jess just cried and I could see her mouth say their grandfather ( she pointed to me wile talking to her boyfriend ) is dead. Then I looked at my other cousin Julie and she was crying to. I went upstairs and a lot of people were gone.

2/26/12
The next day, my dad said that our mom will be back on Wednesday, I wonder what she will be thinking after all this. I cant wait ( not really ) to here the story of the sad adventure of  my grand father. I hope he is happy in.. Well you know.

2 comments:

  1. Evan,
    You made me cry while reading this post; although I have not experienced the knowing of a family member having a week to live I know this is a really hard time for you. I have said this before but really, always know that you can talk to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kira,

    I know I can talk to you about it but I am just trying to forget it.

    ReplyDelete